Migratory bird hunting
The best migratory bird hunting destination
Love birds? At GGO & WTO, you can hunt world class migratory birds in a premium habitat. Whether you prefer Canadian geese, geese or waterfowl hunting, you are sure to find something to satisfy your hunter’s instinct on our lands!
The outfitters, located in north-central Saskatchewan, spans over more than 70,000 square miles in the 50 zone. There is a reason why GGO & WTO is considered one of the best destinations for migratory bird hunting in Saskatchewan. The migration corridor in our sector allows us to offer you an incredible amount and variety of game.
You can hunt:
- Snow geese, Canadian geese and ducks in the morning
- Ducks in the afternoon (unless limited)
Your stay at GGO & WTO
Our team provides transportation from Saskatoon to our camp. A company vehicle picks you up at the hotel or airport on Sunday morning to let the adventure begin!
- Arrival in Saskatoon – Book your hotel room for the night
- Departure towards camp at 4 p.m., onboard the Great Grey shuttle
- Migratory bird hunting the next day, for 3 or 4 days, depending on the package selected
Your package includes:
- Transportation from the airport or hotel (Saskatoon, SK) to the outfitters
- A guide
- Accommodations (private bathroom in each room) and food
- 3 or 4 days of migratory bird hunting (the last day ends at 11 a.m.)
The 3-day package includes:
- 3 mornings of Canadian geese hunting
- 2 afternoons of duck hunting
The 4-day package includes:
- 4 mornings of Canadian geese hunting
- 3 afternoons of duck hunting
Your package does NOT include:
- The plane ticket to Saskatoon, SK
- The hunting permit
- The ammunition (available at the camp)
- The hotel upon arrival and departure
- The tip
Planned scheduled during the stay
The outfitters team and hunters will be invited to breakfast early in the morning, at 4 a.m. We will then leave for the fields to set up.
Hunting in the morning is an incredible experience! The Canadian geese, snow geese and ducks take over the sky. We use calling devices and all the necessary equipment to make sure your hunt is successful.
We return back to camp around 10 a.m. to rest and have lunch, before leaving again to hunt ducks in the afternoon. All hunters will get to enjoy a delicious group dinner, which is the perfect time to share the day’s feats!
Preparation of the birds is included in your package. We still invite hunters to participate in this activity to live the full experience.
Note that you must keep proof of gender and the type of bird hunted for your return home. A full wing must remain on the bird carcass.
Also, note that in the United States, the Act governing the hunting of migratory birds stipulates that it is illegal to import a migratory bird belonging to another person in the country.
- Ducks: 8 per day, 24 in possession
- Geese: 20 per day, 60 in possession
- Canadian geese: 8 per day, 24 in possession
- Sandhill crane: 5 per day, 15 in possession
- Northern pintail: 4 per day, included in the daily duck limit, 12 in possession
- Greater white-fronted goose: 5 per day, included in the daily Canadian geese limit, 15 in possession
If you want to hunt with your dog, please let us know in advance.