Migratory bird hunting
We offer you a world class migratory bird and waterfowl hunting in a prime habitat of Saskatchewan! Hunts take place in the north central of Saskatchewan, we hunt over 70,000 square miles in zone 50.
You will hunt:
- geese in the morning
- ducks in the afternoon (unless limited)
YOUR STAY WITH US
- Arrive to Saskatoon
- If necessary book Hotel room for Saturday evening – one night**
- Great Grey’s shuttle will pick you up at 4pm
- Travel to Great Grey Lodge
- Hunt for 3 or 4 days depending on your package or 6 with a combo hunt
Included in your package
- Transportation from airport or hotel (Saskatoon, SK) to Great Grey Outfitters’ lodge
- Lodging & remarkable meal service
- 3-4 days hunting (the last day ends at 11 am)
- All-inclusive accommodation
- Private bathroom in all bedrooms
- Appropriate preparation- taxidermy of your trophy
Our 3 days package includes 5 hunts :
- 3 morning goose and ducks hunt
- 2 afternoon duck hunt
Our 4 days package includes 7 hunts:
- 4 morning goose and ducks hunt
- 3 afternoon duck hunt
NOT included in your package:
- Airfare to Saskatoon, SK
- Hotel room
- Hunting liscence : 165$ based on last year pricing
- Ammo available at camp
What to Expect when hunting with us
Early morning breakfast around 4am and then head out to the field and set up for a morning waterfowl hunt. The morning hunt is a great experience with lots of Snow Geese, Canada Geese, Speckle Bellied Geese and ducks filling the skies. We use many Snow Goose decoys, flyers, and rotary decoys, as well as electronic goose calls to our birds
Around 10 am or when we limit out we will head back to the lodge for an early lunch and relax until we are ready to head out for our evening duck hunt. After our evening shoot, we will head back for a home-made supper, unwind and relive the day’s hunt.
Migratory bird and waterfowl cleaning
Bird cleaning is included (removing breast only) but we invite you to help and participate in cleaning the birds. We do find that with everyone pitching in and helping out, it can be a fairly quick process where we can tell each other our hunting anecdotes.
When cleaning the birds, you must leave evidence of sex and species attached to each bird until your final destination. Evidence of sex and species consists of one completely feathered wing attached to the carcass of the game bird.
Moreover, the United States migratory bird hunting regulations states that it is unlawful for a person to import into the United States migratory game birds belonging to another person.
- Duck: 8 per day, 24 in possession
- Geese: 20 per day, 60 in possession
- Dark Geese: 8 per day, 24 in possession
- Sandhill Cranes: 5 per day, 15 in possession
- Pintail Ducks: only 4 per day in daily duck limit, 12 in possession
- White Fronted Geese (Speckle Bellied): only 5 per day in Dark Geese limit. 15 in
You are welcome to bring your dog on your next migratory bird hunt with us! Please let us know if it’s the case.